The Family

The Family

Sunday, January 3, 2010

It can't be! Back to school already?

Well, the time has come; The much anticipated Christmas Break is finished; The two weeks looked forward to since the first day of school in August; The two weeks marked by smiley faces and "woo hoos" on my desk calendar; Over. Oh well, it's been fun. It's been semi-relaxing, as much as a break can be with entertaining a one year old, Christmas shopping, multiple family get-togethers, packing, planning/decorating for a birthday party, throwing a first birthday party, coming up with a plan for the mountains of toys we now have invading our living room (Oh who am I kidding? CALE'S living room). Even though it was hectic, it was a needed mental break from the stress of work.

However, tomorrow morning it's up early again and back to the grind of teaching.

One of my New Year's resolutions is to get up earlier for work. I usually get up at 6:00, which is plenty of time for me to get myself ready. But, it's not just myself that I must get ready anymore. Cale usually wakes up anywhere from 6:30-7:00. So, if I don't have myself ready by then...it's chaos. Which is what most every weekday since August has been. I turn into a grump most mornings around 7:15 when I'm trying to brush my teeth, brush Cale's teeth (when I have time...I know that's terrible), get Cale dressed, get the coffee poured into the mugs, and get Carl and Cale out the door to head to the babysitter's house. By the time I get into my car, I'm frazzled, I'm potentially late...well, later than I want to be, and just flat out in a grumpy mood.

So, I vow to avoid those frantic morning situations. I want to get ready at my own pace and to actually be able to SIT and eat my breakfast. I want to get into my car and take a leisurly drive to my job. I want to start my day with a positive attitude. Because, once I step onto the elementary campus, that's when the real chaos begins! :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow--I didn't have any New Year's resolutions yet, but now I know what mine is! You KNOW how badly I need that one!!!! Love your blog!
    -Lindsey

    ReplyDelete