The Family

The Family

Thursday, January 7, 2010

So, we finally got another Netflix movie. My mom and sister talked us into starting Netflix and we love it! We go online, put several movies in our cue and they begin coming within days. One movie comes at at time and as soon as you send it back another one comes in the mail. It's pretty addictive! But, I'm going to have to do a better job getting to the computer before Carl because mysteriously there just haven't been any good "chick flicks" in the mail yet.

The reason I say we finally received our movie is because we "lost" our last one and were unable to get another until we paid for it. When I say lost, I mean threw away. And when I say "we", I mean me. If you've ever watched Everybody Loves Raymond, you may have seen the episode where Raymond gripes at Deborah because one of their drawers is so messy. So, she cleans it out and throws away an autograph or something really important. And an argument follows.

Well, that was me a few days ago. Carl had been complaining about our junk drawer...you would think it was just my junk, the way he complained! :) So, finally I decided to tidy it up, predicting that it would only stay clean for about a week. I threw away coupons dating back to August, pens that didn't even work anymore,dog wormer (yeah, not sure why that was there) and a bunch of other junk that had accumulated in this one small drawer. That night Carl walked in and asked if I put the Netflix in the mail, like he'd asked me to earlier. Apparently, it had been on the kitchen counter. Now, it was at that exact moment that I realized what I must have done. But, the kid in me came out and I played dumb. "The movie wasn't on the counter and I hadn't seen it." Hey, that much was true. I just left out the part about cleaning out the drawer and the fact that I laid all the "throw-away" pile on the counter...most likely on top of the Netflix. I figured that playing the blame game wouldn't bring the movie back, right? That's always what we think when we're to blame!

Well, my husband is OCD when it comes to losing things. Of course, he began to look. It didn't take him long to do what I feared. I heard the drawer open, my heart began beating, and then he asked the question (with what I'm sure was accusation in his voice), "Did you clean this drawer out today?". I wish he wasn't so observant! I knew I was caught. My hubby hates losing things and hates having to pay for things. So, I began digging through all of the trash cans in the house, even the big, green smelly Waste Management bucket in the garage. I wanted Carl to think that I was really trying hard to find it. But it was nowhere. That's probably because I forgot to mention that I emptied the drawer out shortly before the trash came that day. Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment