The Family

The Family

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Don't you hate when you get done cooking dinner, finally get everything cleaned up, get your child bathed and put to bed, tidy the house just enough that it at least "appears" clean at quick glance, and then finally sit down to relax only to remember that you have a load of laundry in the dryer accumulating a new wrinkle each minute it remains and dishes in the dishwasher waiting to be put up? That's got to be one of the worst feelings in the world. So what did I do when this happened to me tonight (as it does several nights every week)? Beg my husband to fold the laundry? Nope, I've tried that and my things always end up sitting at the bottom of the laundry basket. You would think that if I can figure out where his things go, the same would go for him. But, I guess men get a "play dumb" card when it comes to certain chores! Did I ask him to empty the dishwasher for me? No, for two reasons. One, certain pots or pans...well who am I kidding, ANYTHING besides silverware, plates, or cups doesn't get put up. Because in 2 years of living at this house, he still doesn't know where they go. Reason two, he's playing Call of Duty...LIVE, so he can't stop to do dishes. I mean he's got online teammates out there in cyberspace counting on him! ;) Very convenient!:) I really do love my wonderful husband, I just enjoy giving him a hard time. We have an agreement. He takes care of the outside chores, and I take care of the inside chores.

I did none of the above. I decided to do the honorable, noble thing. I came in here to blog about my chores instead. Makes perfect sense, right? Defying wrinkles and a once-full kitchen cabinet, I typed on. Procrastinating like this never ends well.

Actually, I did forget to mention one thing that I accomplished. I prepared the ingredients for tomorrow's dinner of chicken and dressing in the crockpot, so that dinner will be waiting when I get home from work. This has got to be one of my most favorite things. (Along with raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, of course)There's just something about going through the work day then suddenly having that panicked thought that hits me at some point most everyday: "What am I cooking for dinner?!" The panic which is followed by the realization that dinner is cooking itself. At that very moment. Ahhh, it feels wonderful. What's even more wonderful is walking into the house and inhaling the smell of a home cooked meal.

So, tomorrow will be one of those days. If you haven't tried crockpot cooking, you should consider it. It's actually pretty addicting once you get started.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Lori...can you give your recipe for the chicken & dressing crockpot meal? I love cooking in the crockpot, but don't have very many good easy recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure Leanne, I'll send it to you in a message on Facebook! Congrats on your baby niece/nephew that's on the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not many things can truly make me laugh out loud and continue to laugh out loud and then I want my husband to read it I think it's so funny. (I hope your mom doesn't read this cause I'm pretty sure that first sentence is a run on sentence) :) Anyway, when I read "I mean he's got online teammates out there in cyberspace counting on him!" I lost it. Btw....when I posted that line, I started laughing again. I laughed so hard. I'm so thankful Nick doesn't have an Xbox that connects him to the world outside of his little room. Hearing him moan at the TV b/c he just got shot is enough for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I know how you feel Jessica! When Carl and I were dating I bought him the Xbox. I don't know what I was thinking (Guess I was trying to win him over) Be glad that Nick's does not play Xbox live. Carl just recently got things worked out so that he can...and his playing time has doubled!!

    ReplyDelete