The Family

The Family

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Years!

It's New Year's Eve and I'm sitting here drinking a cup of coffee, wondering if I'll be able to make until midnight. I'm betting no. I never really had big, crazy New Year's party plans. I was more of the low-key kind. But now that I'm a parent, I realize that this year I never even gave our New Year's plans a thought. It's just another night. A night of going to Wal-Mart for the second time today (because I forgot to buy diapers), looking at everyone's cart in Wal-Mart and seeing things that looked "New Year's Party-ish" and thinking about how "wild and crazy" I must look with my box of diapers, ordering a Papa Murphey's pizza, throwing blocks on the floor with Cale, changing clothes because Cale has good aim when that diaper comes off, giving Cale a bath and putting him to bed, picking up the 100 piece block set that Cale loves to empty out over the entire living room several times a day, and drinking a cup of coffee sitting at the computer. As boring as this may sound, it's our life. I wouldn't have it any other way! Alot of wonderful changes take place when college ends, marriage begins, and baby arrives.

I vaguely, painfully remember this time last year. Cale was about 4 days old and I think I was about 4 days without sleep! I think I was about to have a nervous breakdown from fatigue and stress, I was still in pain from the birth, and was having trouble adjusting to the cabin fever that accompanies having a newborn. I think every first time parent feels the shock of the complete life change a baby brings. But, it doesn't take long to adjust and to forget what life was like before.

2009 has been a year of changes and growth for our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment