The Family

The Family

Thursday, January 21, 2010

So Long, Farewell

I think it is time our family must finally say goodbye to you, stomach bug. You've been an uninvited guest in our home for almost a week now. We have subtly given you hints that you weren't wanted. We even brought in our own SWAT team of Pepto to force you out. But, you've been persistent. Just when we think you're packing your things, about to hit the road for awhile, you decide to stay a little longer. Guess we've made your stay much too comfortable. Well, the subtle hints didn't work. The gallons of Pepto didn't work. You leave us no choice, but to be blunt. Please leave us alone!

I think we are finally all on the downhill slope of this stomach thing. When it started last Saturday, I assumed it might be the usual 24 hour bug. Five days later, I realize I was wrong. It began with Cale, then creeped it's way into me, then ended up in Carl. It's actually funny the way we all ended up laying around, pitiful with the same symptoms. But hey, I've got to look on the brightside. There are actually several positives that came out of this: 1. I didn't have to cook this week. 2. My grocery bill will be cheaper next week, because we didn't use most of what I bought for this week. 3. We all lost several pounds...which is a good thing for everyone but Cale. 4. Once we get our appetite back, we'll get to eat like pigs for a few days without feeling guilty. (That's the best one)

It takes feeling bad for a few days to make us appreciate how nice it is to feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment