The Family

The Family

Sunday, January 10, 2010

The weekend is almost over, and it seems like it just began. I guess that's the way life works. We have to start a new week, so that we can look forward to a new weekend all over again. The weekend was fairly uneventful. Carl spent most of his daytime working with my dad at our new house. So, that left me all alone on baby duty. I don't mind being alone with Cale, of course, but sometimes it's nice to tag team it. Saturday afternoon I was in desperate need of a shower. We were going over to the Oliver's house for dinner, and I was a mess. Through trial and error, I've discovered a trick for getting clean while keeping Cale entertained at the same time (previously my only shower came when he was sleeping or if Carl was watching him) Now that he's bigger, I just put him in the shower with me. Problem solved. He loves this, and begs to get in anytime the shower comes on.

Yesterday, I started the bath and filled the tub up to give him a little play time. I went ahead and got in to, because he likes to have a buddy to play with. Somehow, when I wasn't looking Cale grabbed the bar of soap and surprisingly (yeah right) put it in his mouth and bit a small chunk off. Of course, I took the bar of soap from him, but secretly I thought, "Well, maybe this will teach him that not all things taste good"...since sand, toilet water, and dog poop haven't quite made that sink in yet. After a minute or two, Cale started making an awful face and then...he threw up. Not spit up, throw up. Alot. In the blink of an eye his previously eaten lunch was floating all around us. Now, this was one of those moments that only parents can understand. I simply stood up, pulled the drain, and kept shaving my legs. Yeah, I know it's gross, but hey, at least I got out of the water, right? To tell you the truth, my first thought was, "Is there anything I can use to scoop it out, because I really want to finish this bath". (Now before Cale, I would have thrown up myself and been tramautized by an occurence like this) That's just another day in the life of a mother. To make it worse, I was sitting at the computer later when I noticed a crusty, dried booger on my sleeve. No, not mine! I had used my sleeve to wipe Cale's nose hours before, and hadn't even bothered to clean myself off! I know it's gross. But, if you're a mom, then you already understand. If you're not...just wait. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment