The Family

The Family

Thursday, January 27, 2011

My Maternity Leave Resolution

Okay, so with this maternity leave I have made a...resolution I guess you could call it. I will take a shower, brush my teeth, AND put on makeup every single day. Yes, this may not sound like much. Basic hygiene, right? Well, as basic as it is, it was more like a special treat than a daily regimen a few years ago when I had Cale. Looking back, I'm not sure why I had so much trouble keeping myself "clean and presentable" but I do remember thinking it was so hard! It seemed like I had no time or energy for it. But, so far with Keaton, as soon as Carl and Cale head out the door in the morning, I do a quick toy run, tossing the hundred toys that Cale somehow manages to get out in the 30 minutes he's awake before leaving, back into the toybox...and then I hit the shower. I have even been shaving my legs, can you believe it? It's amazing how a simple shower can make you feel. Not to mention some make-up and a flat iron. Now if I can just work on getting rid of this belly! That's another story.

I'm also trying to get something out of the ordinary accomplished around the house each day. Things that I've been wanting to get done for awhile but haven't found the time to do...(like cleaning the dreaded closet or junk drawers or the windows...those are the worst!) So far I'm doing okay on this, but not great. I need to get just a bit more productive!

No comments:

Post a Comment