The Family

The Family

Monday, January 31, 2011

Gotta Get Back in Shape

So, I knew I was out of shape. I didn't work out a whole lot this pregnancy, and even before I got pregnant I wasn't exercising quite as much as I used to. With Cale, I exercised 3-4 times a week and had even been at the gym earlier in the day that I went into labor. But not this time around. I had no idea how out of shape I am. I decided yesterday that I felt good enough that I could start walking. I'm still a little sore, but much better than I was last week. In my mind I'm ready to start doing more, but I know I better start out slow.

Yesterday, I walked for about 30 minutes pushing Cale in the stroller around our neighborhood. And yes, I broke a sweat and even got a little winded. Today, while Carl was home on lunch, I set out with my 5-pound weights and walked for another 30 minutes. While the weights didn't seem like much at the time, my arms now feel like jello. You would think I just ran 5 miles the way my body feels. I'm pooped! It's a little depressing, realizing that my dreams of jumping right in to P90X and running are probably a little unrealistic right now. But, it's also a little exciting because hopefully I have no where to go, but up! Anything I do is better than the nothing I've been doing! So, I guess I'll try walking for a week or two and then maybe I can actually go to the gym. Guess I can kiss my couch potato days goodbye. It's actually bittersweet, really. It was fun while it lasted. I guess I've got the memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment