The Family

The Family

Thursday, December 2, 2010

So it finally happened last night. I actually can't believe it took so long. We were sound asleep in our beds at about 1:00 AM, only to be suddenly awakened by Cale saying, "Hey mama" within an obviously close proximity. It's funny how Carl claims he can't hear Cale crying on the baby monitor, but he shot out of bed so quickly when he heard Cale nearby. For some reason, Cale decided to leave his room in the middle of the night. The crazy thing is, I never heard him crying or making any noise...which I always hear. I don't know what made him decide to get up. So, I tried to get the fussy little guy back to sleep, and of course he was very persistent in doing the opposite. About an hour later, and three trips to Cale's room in response to his yelling/crying for me, he was finally quiet. I was so relieved when I realized he was actually asleep. I rolled over, planning to finally drift off into a deep sleep, free of interruptions, when suddenly I felt it. A feeling I have come to dread with each pregnancy. The leg cramp. A pain that I feel, even though it's short-lived, is almost worse than labor pains. I stupidly stretched my leg out just a tad as I was rolling over and it was enough to cause the cramp of all cramps. (I have actually become very good at avoiding the cramps during this pregnancy, but every once in awhile I revert back to my old leg-stretching ways) My poor husband was awoken by my spastic flailing on the bed and he massaged my leg until it finally passed. I always feel a little silly when they're over because I wonder if I maybe overreacted. But, I can't help it. To me, they're unbearable.

I'm thinking this next baby, Keaton, is probably going to be a horrible sleeper and this is God's way of getting me ready for the many night wakings that are in my future because between Cale waking up several times, me having to go to the bathroom several times, and leg cramps...I can't seem to get a peaceful night's sleep!

On another note, we took Cale to the Christmas parade tonight and he loved every minute of it. Well, not the minutes leading up to the parade...he got quite antsy then. I think most of all he loved all the marching bands. He's suddenly become very interested in drums. His next love was definitely the fire trucks, which wasn't surprising! I hope to make the parade a tradition every year!

2 comments:

  1. you described those leg cramps perfectly... i could almost feel them again :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the memories...those pregnancy leg cramps are the worst!

    ReplyDelete