The Family

The Family

Monday, December 13, 2010

I'm not sure when the phrase "pregnancy waddle" became a term of endearment, but to some I think it must be. Too bad to me, it isn't! I can't tell you how many people have commented on my worsening "waddle". They always say it nicely, as if it's somehow cute (maybe in like a "so ugly it's cute" kinda way), but I know there's nothing "cute" about it. Just what I want to be brought to my attention at the end of a long day as I drag my swollen ankles down the school hallway to the bathroom and back, or to the copier and back, etc. (I really truly don't take it personal because I know nobody means it in a harmful way, and I know it's just a part of pregnancy life) It's just funny.

The other day, one of the teachers told me that she had a student ask her why Mrs. Kirtley walked so weird this year, but didn't walk that way last year. I don't know why but that really bothered me. I guess because kids are so totally honest! The whole rest of that day I tried my hardest not to do the "side-to-side waddle" but I think it's a lost cause. I'm going to waddle my way through Christmas and the month of January, but then hopefully after that I will waddle no more!

I can not wait to have Keaton here for so many reasons, skinny ankles and waddling just being a few of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment