The Family

The Family

Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve

It's finally Christmas Eve! Actually, besides the last few days the month of December has seemed to fly by. Before school was out I was a little sad thinking that Christmas would come and go before we really had a chance to enjoy the holidays. But, this week, as hectic as it's been with my 10 trips to Wal-Mart and countless other stores, wrapping presents like a maniac (which is really uncomfortable to do with a pregnant belly), and trying to entertain a 2-year old, it has actually been a pretty slow week. I guess I should be glad it's gone by slowly because it's my break from work. And I never like time off to fly by. But, I guess I'm just so excited for Cale to enjoy his first real Christmas morning. He celebrated Christmas last year but even though he was one-year old he really didn't understand Christmas at all. And he really wasn't all that in to toys last year. He was totally in the "get everything out of drawers and cabinets because that's way more fun than toys" phase. Thank you Lord we seem to be past that phase (besides his sudden fixation with my pots and pans again)!

This year Cale is ALL about toys. Mainly just tractors, trucks, or trains, but he plays with those things all day. No kidding. I'm hoping that some of his new toys like puzzles and things will broaden his interests a little. But, he will probably pick a favorite one or two toys...like his big truck with a trailor or his new tractors and that will be all he'll play with for awhile. But, that's okay!

No comments:

Post a Comment