The Family

The Family

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Laundry

I wonder if I'm the only one who has ever done this? The other night I reluctantly got the laundry out of the dryer and forced myself to begin folding and hanging things up. I don't know why I loathe laundry so much, because it's a relatively easy task. But, it's a never-ending cycle and I think that's what I hate. As I was folding clothes, I kept wondering why everything had so much lint on it. I mean the clothes were covered in rough, white specks. I thought it was because I had washed Cale's bathroom rug with the load. As I was getting to the bottom of the basket, I picked up...a diaper. A very clean, fresh diaper, but a diaper nonetheless. And then I found the wipe that accompanied this diaper. Yes, I washed a dirty diaper and wipe with a load of clothes by accident. I can only hope that the contents of the diaper were...ahem...number one and not two. Does that mean I can reuse the diaper? Okay, I guess I'm not that cheap. If this has never happened to you, beware. I pretty much had to rewash the whole load. You probably think, "Well, obviously." But, the sad thing is I didn't rewash the load because the clothes got washed with a dirty diaper. I rewashed the load because everything was all lint-covered! If not for that, the clothes probably would have been hung up in the closet, in hopes that no one would notice. Yes, seriously. Did I mention I hate doing laundry?

No comments:

Post a Comment