The Family

The Family

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Pregnancy Woes

How many more weeks? It seems like I've been pregnant forever, yet I still have a ways to go. I'm 26 weeks pregnant today, even though I look and feel like I did at about 36 weeks last time. Seriously, I had always heard that most people got bigger, faster with the second pregnancy. But, nobody told me how much bigger or how much faster these things happened. Geez. Sadly, I have almost reached my end of pregnancy weight gain from my first pregnancy...already...at 26 weeks...with 14 to go. And believe me, a lot can happen in 14 weeks. Especially 14 weeks consisting of delicious Thanksgiving meals, Christmas dinners, and way too many sweets. Oh well, it's just a number, right?

Not only do I already look much more pregnant than last time, but I feel much more pregnant than last time. By Fridays, my ankles have turned into very sore cankles. And I should be listed in the Guiness Book of World Records for the number of trips I make to the bathroom in one day. And, it's like an Olympic feat getting up from a lying position. I have to strategically think through getting up off the couch after watching TV.

And maternity pants. An item of clothing that makes my stomach churn. The regular kind won't stay up on me and I spend the whole day pulling and tugging. So, I'm forced to wear the full panel kind that come up to my chest and make me feel like a complete dork. And believe me, they don't do anything for my figure, which is already in desperate need of help at this point! Oh how I miss real jeans!

Don't get me wrong, I am so thankful that we're having another baby. It's worth every minute of discomfort and awkwardness. Every minute, hour, day, month...yes it's worth it. It's worth not getting that Sonic drink as often as I would like. Which is every day! It's worth breaking my horrible habit of a thermos of wonderful, regular, coffee every school morning, and trading it for a small cup of decaf. It's worth trading in those cute, heeled boots of fall for boring flats. I guess I shouldn't care because I soon won't be able to see my feet anyway! It's worth it all. I just wish men got to experience just a day of the discomfort, of the complete lifestyle change that pregnancy presents. Makes me think of that old Cosby show episode.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how I remember those days of the 2nd pregnancy! It is amazing how different it can be from the first one! Hang in there! :)

    ReplyDelete