The Family

The Family

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Christmas Mood

I love, love, love this time of year. I am excited about Thanksgiving, but even more so for Christmas. I can't wait to put out my Christmas decorations. I tried to talk Carl into us putting them up this weekend but he said I was crazy. He seems to think it's a little too early but I don't think so. I love walking into stores and seeing holiday decorations, holiday food items in the middle of the aisles, and hearing Christmas music. I guess I'm like a big kid in that way. I can't wait to start seeing Christmas lights and playing Christmas music in my car.

But, I think this Christmas will be one of the best in awhile. Cale is actually old enough this year that he will enjoy the holidays and I can't wait. It's like getting to relive the excitement we felt on Christmas as kids, but through Cale. We've already been talking about Santa Claus and toys and Christmas trees. He's crazy about his holiday Thomas the Train DVD he got the other day and has already watched it over and over and over...and I'm thinking it will continue.

I want Cale to love Christmas just like I always have and to get excited as the anticipation to the big day builds. Even if he doesn't understand everything about Christmas this year, he will understand one thing: Toys.

We're going to Branson with my family next weekend. We're going to stay a few nights just to get away and have a mini-vacation. But, another one of the reasons we're going is to see the Christmas light display at Silver Dollar City. I think Cale will have a blast, especially since his cousins will be there to play with. I'm thinking after strolling through the probably-already-holiday-deocorated Branson Landing and seeing the light show at Silver Dollar City, I will definitely be in Christmas mode! But, for Carl's sake I will try to wait until after Thanksgiving to take down our fall decorations and put up our Christmas decorations. Maybe Thanksgiving night... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment