The Family

The Family

Thursday, November 4, 2010

It's funny how life changes when you have a baby. I was on recess duty earlier this week. I looked up and noticed a fire truck driving through the Kroger parking lot. Suddenly I felt excited. Then, I realized Cale wasn't with me, and I couldn't help but laugh. What is wrong with me? I guess I'm a mom, that's what! You're interests and outlooks change when you have a little one. I notice things I would've never even thought about before. Things like the sound of a motorcycle engine revving or a siren of any kind. These things get a reaction from Cale everytime.

Having a toddler changes you from a person who hopes to miss every train that comes through town, to a person who tries to find the nearest railroad track any time a whistle blows just so you can sit and watch the train go by. (only when Cale's with me, of course!) Things like tractors, dump trucks, ambulances, bulldozers, firetrucks, cows, horses, squirrels, birds, frogs...these things make me excited now because I know Cale gets excited for them. I guess it's like reliving my youth all over again! Strange.

And our taste in music has definitely taken a turn since we've had Cale. Carl and I now catch ourselves humming the tune to Handy Manny or Blues Clues more than the latest songs. Ask us about a current popular song and we can't name one, but ask about a song that was on Yo Gabba Gabba, and we can probably sing it. "There's a party in my tummy, so yummy, so yummy" That's been one of those awful, can't get it out of your head, kind of songs!

On a side note, Cale really loves music right now. He can sing parts of Twinkle, Twinkle, Itsy Bitsy Spider, Justin Beiber's "Baby", a 6-7 letter version of the ABC's, and a piece or two of a turkey song that his babysitter is teaching him. He loves to sing and it's so funny to listen to him. He's not much on dancing yet, but I guess I'm to blame for that because this Momma don't dance! It's my phobia. And when he does try to "bust a move" it looks about like me trying to dance. Not pretty! ;)

On another side note, Cale is still announcing when he toots. I always try to say, "Cale, what do you need to say?". But, lately when he toots he says, "Trick-or-Treat". I guess all that prompting before Halloween has caused just a little bit of confusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment