The Family

The Family

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Well, we're about 4 days into the "big boy" bed and things are going alright. Cale is going to sleep in the bed perfectly, but he's waking up at least once a night. I'm not sure if it's the bed or something else...because Cale has always gone through phases of waking up in the night, sleeping through the night. Last night, he woke up 3 times which is definitely out of the ordinary. The first 2 times he woke up for unknown reasons. But the third time, he had a very good excuse. He woke up screaming frantically, which is different than his normal crying/whining at night. So, I quickly went in to see what was wrong. He had fallen off the bed, but not on the side that opens to the floor. He had fallen between the wall and the bed and was stuck in a weird, almost upside down position. Somehow his bed had scooted away from the wall enough to allow his little body to fall through. I grabbed him up and spent the next few minutes trying to calm him down. I scooted his bed back, but he kept telling me to have daddy come fix it. Guess he doesn't trust my "technical" skills. Typical man already. Probably doesn't like my driving either. As I went back to bed I have to say I laughed. I felt sorry that our little guy got scared but it was quite funny the way he was hanging there.

At about 6:30 (Cale's typical wake-up time...even on the weekends, *sigh*), we awoke to Cale's happy sounds...which are a signal that there's no going back to sleep in the Kirtley household. After a few minutes of the happy sounds, Cale began to "page" me by yelling his usual "Mama...Mama...Mama..." (and it always just keeps going like a broken record until I go into his room to get him.) At least he hasn't figured out that he can simply climb out of his bed when he wakes up. I guess when you've been in "crib prison" your whole life, it's hard to adjust to the new freedom. Too bad that won't last. After a couple minutes of cartoons we decided on McDonald's for breakfast. Partly because I didn't want to cook. Partly because I didn't want to clean up the mess of cooking and eating. Oh the mess of a toddler eating. And partly because Cale LOVES to go to "McDonuls". When he sees the yellow arch he always begins shouting, "I see it! I see it! McDonuls!" We're probably creating a monster, I know. Creating, ha who am I kidding? We've already created a monster.

When we got in McDonald's Cale asks for the usual, "pantakes" and boy did he eat some pancakes...and eggs...and sausage...and hashbrowns. He's suddenly in an eating phase again. Some days he will barely eat much of anything and some days he eats like he's been starving. The past few days he's been starving. For some reason it does a mama's heart good to see her little one scarfing down food. Even when their little on is already pretty stocky.

No comments:

Post a Comment