The Family

The Family

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

So, today has been a LONG day; a good day, but just tiring. After Cale woke up, we ate breakfast, got dressed, and then went to the park. Actually, we stopped by the bank to take daddy something he accidentally left, and then went to the park. Thankfully the weather has been a little cooler the past few days so the park was pretty enjoyable.

Now, a little side information. I had to take Cale to the doctor yesterday because he's been battling diarrhea for close to a month. So, since it's been such a long bout, they want to do some tests. Sound good? I thought so at first. I thought, "Good, maybe we can finally figure out what's causing this and get him back to normal. And I won't have to keep going through such an unbelievable amount of diapers." I do still think that, but the process just isn't too pleasant. These tests involve Cale, myself, and five tubes with little scraper shovels on the end of each lid. FIVE tubes. Yes, I've been having to collect...samples (shutter). And if you remember what I said Cale is suffering from, you probably realize that this is not the easiest thing to collect a sample of. It's near impossible. TMI, I know. Let's just say this is one of the most unpleasant experiences I've had as a mother. But, praise the Lord I've only got one more tube to fill! Woo hoo! Thank goodness I love Cale because I can't imagine doing this for another child. The whole point of that story is to say that Cale produced quite a nice sample at the park, wouldn't you know. So, being prepared with the tube (because I knew my usual luck with these sort of things), I did what I had to do. I just wonder what the car that pulled up next to me thought when they saw me bent over, scraping my son's diaper. I can only imagine. Weirdo.

Afterwards, we stopped in the beauty shop so that Cale could see his Mamaw. When we left, we took Cale's cousin Shelby home with us. Cale loves to play with her so he was pretty excited. Shelby stayed until about 2:00, then to Cale's disappointment went home. After dinner, we decided to take the boat out for a quick ride. Cale's only been out one time before, but he loved every minute of it. This time was no different. While the boat is moving is one of the only times that we get to enjoy Cale being "still". He just lays back in my lap and lets me love on him. That doesn't happen very often so I savor those moments.

After the boat ride, we finished the night off with Blizzards at Dairy Queen. The perfect end to a great evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment