The Family

The Family

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Poop and Run

Well, I'm sure I should be working like crazy and accomplishing all the many chores that are weighing on my mind (since Cale is finally down for a nap), but as you can see, I'm not! Tomorrow is my day for the babysitter so I think I'll wait and do my cleaning then. What's one more day, right? Wow, I'm becoming a little more relaxed about my house since summer break began. Don't know what's wrong with me! I think I'm just getting tired of cleaning and Cale messing, cleaning more, and Cale messing more, you get the picture. I could spend my life trying to keep a perfect house, and it still wouldn't be. And I'm gradually becoming okay with that!

We just got back from Branson yesterday afternoon. We stayed 5 nights with my family and had a lot of fun. Cale especially loved playing with his two older nieces. But, he was pretty fussy during the trip. He had just started showing signs of a virus the morning we left (fussy, not interested in eating, and messy diapers). It seems like he has bad luck when it comes to trips. When we got to our condo, we quickly realized that there was an upstairs and we even more quickly reazlied that Cale was going to spend the entire time climbing them. The stairs were pretty steep and Cale was too short to hold onto the rail. Going up was no problem, it was the going down that about gave me a heart attack. We tried to teach him how to scoot down, but he decided he didn't have time for all of that. So, after a few falls, and many tears later, mom and dad went to Wal-Mart and got a baby gate. Thankfully I was able to relax the rest of the trip. That is, when Cale wasn't standing at the foot of the stairs crying at the gate, begging to go up!

So, one of my most embarrassing mom moments happened on this trip. The condo had a nice, big pool and Cale loved splashing around in it. They also had a zero entry baby pool with fountains that was Cale's favorite because he was able to run free without the constraints of "mom and dad". On about day 3, we took Cale to the pool once again. He wasn't really acting like himself. He wasn't "swimming" in the baby pool or getting under the fountains, he was just kinda standing there. I thought he was just tired with naptime being pushed back and his sleeping all out of whack. Then, suddenly I saw it. It was orangish brown and floating in the pool. It took me about 2 seconds to realize that it was coming from Cale. Yes, he'd pooped in his little swimmers and into the pool. Not to get too graphic, but it wasn't exactly the kind you can just scoop out. So, horrified, I pointed out the mess to my husband, and I think we were out of that pool and back to our car in about 30 seconds. Now, I know that may have been the wrong thing to do, fleeing the scene of the "accident", but I panicked. Needless to say, we didn't make any more trips back to the pool. Partly for fear of a repeat offense, but even more for fear of someone recognizing us as the "poopetrators" from the other day.

We had lots of fun but we were also very glad to be back home where things can be somewhat back to normal. As normal as things can be with an almost 18-month old.

No comments:

Post a Comment