The Family

The Family

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Our little boy is now talking up a storm. And I mean a storm. You never know what he is going to say or when he is going to say it. For some reason, he is under the misconception that he must announce it to the world when he has...uh...gas. "I tooted!" is something that comes out of his mouth at least 2 or 3 times every day. It's hard because I can't help but find it funny when he says that, but of course I realize that this is not something he should shout from the rooftops. And it can get quite embarrassing at times too. And don't think he won't call you out if you accidentally let one slip, because he will. He'll announce it to whomever is listening...you just have to hope that no one is around.

As we were at Wal-Mart tonight, Cale had something to say about every single aisle we walked down. Of course, he mostly was asking for things he spotted that he wanted...a pumpkin trick or treat pail, a tractor shirt, a ball...etc. In the baby aisle he tried to convince me that he needed a new bed. I guess he remembers the conversation we had the other day about him getting a "big boy bed" soon because his little brother would be needing his baby bed. When it was our turn to check out, he shouted at the Wal-Mart worker, "Hey you!". I was a little embarrassed because it came out sounding so rude for a little guy like him! But, overall Wal-Mart was more successful than normal. Of course, this may have had something to do with the fact that I bribed Cale with a potential trip to the park if he was a good boy in Wal-Mart and sat in the cart the whole time. Miraculously, I'm finding bribery works. Not one time did Cale climb out of his seat in the cart.

1 comment: