The Family

The Family

Saturday, February 20, 2010

You haven't really lived until you've traveled home from Conway with baby vomit on both shoulders.

We ventured out to Conway this afternoon to look at a few furniture stores. We took Cale with us, even though we knew that would instantly take the word "leisurely" out of the shopping trip. But, overall he did really well. Of course, we forgot his stroller, so he fought and fought to get down, and against our better judgement he won that battle several times. He's become a master back-bender and will bend so far back when he's wanting out of our arms, that we can barely hold him. Also, he's figured out how to make his whole body go limp when we're trying to pick him up. I'll reach down to grab him and his body will turn to a lifeless, hard-to-move blob! It's so funny...but also not so funny. I can envision many embarrassing public tantrums in our future.

Today, in Lowe's Cale was coughing a lot (he's been coughing for weeks now!) He suddenly coughed up this fruit-loop colored flem (literally, he had eaten fruit loops earlier) all over my shoulders as I was holding him. So, everytime I turned my head, my nostrils were filled with the aroma of...well, you really don't want me to describe it.

We may not have found any furniture, but we hit Sonic at happy hour. We ate way too much at Mcalisters. I managed to sneak in a few minutes of clothes shopping while Carl was in the car with a napping Cale. We had a million-calorie chocolate malt on the way home. So, all-in-all it was a productive day.

No comments:

Post a Comment