The Family

The Family

Thursday, February 4, 2010


It's amazing how much mischief Cale can get into already at only 13 months old. If he's not suppossed to have it, he finds it. If it's not suppossed to go in his mouth, he eats it. Tonight, after giving him a vanilla wafer for dessert, I glanced over and noticed his mouth was completely covered in dark brown, chocolate. Or so I thought. I assumed my mom must have given him something dark and chocolatey, as she enjoys doing! Then, I discovered the mess on the floor. Cale had found the used filter full of old coffee grinds in the trash can and was chowing down on them, along with the vanilla wafer. The crazy thing is, he didn't seem to mind the taste. I think his taste buds are out of whack because he's eaten dog poop, dog food, dirt, sand, toilet water, and probably many more things that I'm glad I don't know about, but he never shows a dislike for any of it. At least he's not too picky, right? Guess we're going to have to find a new place for the trash can. There's only one sure location I can think of that would be out of Cale's reach, but it just doesn't seem in good taste to put a trash can on the table. I think my mom is finally realizing what I've been talking about when I say that Cale is constantly looking for trouble!

Well, tomorrow night Cale is spending the night with Carl's mom. I've only been away from him at night a few times and I still get a bit sad each time. I'm not sure why because lately he screams through each nightly bath, often gets up in the middle of the night, and has been waking at 5:30 the past few mornings. You think I would enjoy a break. But, the minute he's gone I will begin to miss him. I'll miss the nightly reading of Goodnight Moon, the cuddles, the smile I get as he's standing up in his crib when I open his door first thing in the morning (even if it is WAY too early). Hopefully Carl and I will enjoy our night off, and won't spend the whole time missing our little guy. We might even get crazy and go to Lowe's and Wal-Mart in the same night. You never know... We're pretty spontaneous like that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment