The Family

The Family

Saturday, August 14, 2010

The Toothbrush Thief

It's been a long Saturday and I'm so glad to be finally sitting, relaxing on the couch!

Carl was on Cale duty this afternoon/evening while I was working a wedding with my sister. You never know what to expect when my two boys are left alone. But, to my surprise the house wasn't a wreck and most of the toys had been put away! Good Job, Carl! But, when I walked in the door I did notice my toothbrush sitting on the kitchen counter. Yes, the kitchen counter. I really didn't even have to ask. My son has a fetish with toothbrushes and "paste". I don't know how many times a day he gets out our toothbrushes and tubes of toothpaste. But, usually I'm right there to retrieve the brush before anything questionable happens to it. The confiscation is always followed by a massive fit, as if those toothbrushes are gold. Cale will probably be horrified when he's older to find out that he loved chewing on our toothbrushes!

So tonight...as I look at my toothbrush sitting on the kitchen counter I wonder what things happened on the journey from the bathroom to the kitchen. Did Cale rub it on the ground? Did he put it in the trash can and then get it back out? Did he try to use it to scrub the rug, as he's seen me do with other types of brushes? And worst of all, did he put it in the toilet? I know he put it in his mouth because he ALWAYS does.

So, the question is..."Will I brush my teeth tonight? Dare I put that toothbrush in my mouth?" What is more disgusting, unbrushed teeth or a dirty toothbrush? I think I will search through my bathroom for an extra, and then I must find a new location for my brush or else get Carl to install some baby-proof locks on our drawers. Beware, nothing is safe in a house when you have a little one who loves to pilfer!

No comments:

Post a Comment