The Family

The Family

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Oh my, I never knew sitting down could feel so good. My pregnancy sciatic nerve has been flaring up the past few days (I know, I sound like an old woman with aches and pains). Cale has been killing me because he's very into me being a "horsey" and also ring-around-the-rosey, both of which kill me! But, if it keeps him happy... It's 8:00 and Cale just went to bed...not sleep but bed. Hopefully sleep will follow soon, although I'm not holding my breath after today's events. Cale was quite the sleepy fellow all day, but resisted a good nap with every attempt. Oh, he had a small, way-too-early-in-the-day nap, but not enough to get him through the afternoon/evening happily. We'll see how the night goes...the teething monster and Pedialyte (instead of the beloved sippy of milk) due to stomach problems will most likely make for an eventful night.

Tonight we went up to my school for a back-to-school teacher party. Everyone brought their families and it was fun to see all the familiar and new faces. Of course we had Cale so I didn't get to chat as much as I would've liked to, but since we ate in the cafeteria he was free to run around as he pleased without causing too much trouble. I love situations like that! There was even a small basketball goal and lots of balls for the kids to play with, so Cale was in heaven. He was actually a very good boy, especially considering the little amount of sleep he was functioning on. Thank goodness!

I think it's safe to say that I'm actually about ready to start school. I guess I still just can't quite say that I'm totally ready, but I'm getting there. One more day of freedom. Well, not really because I will be up at school most of the day tomorrow, but it's voluntary, so I guess I still technically have my freedom until Thursday when we officially, involuntarily go back to school. Here we go again!

No comments:

Post a Comment