The Family

The Family

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Horrible Mom Award

Okay, so I think I deserve the "horrible mom award" for the last week and a half. In my last post I complained about what a monster Cale had been last week. And believe me, he was. But, this week has been worse, way worse. I've been in a workshop in Beebe during the day for the past three days so I haven't been with Cale until 5:00 each evening. My mom took him to the doctor on Monday because he had a fever all weekend, complained that he "hurt", and was beginning to get noticeable bumps near his lips. Of course, he has mouth ulcers, which completely explain last week's behavior. I feel a little bad for complaining about him, poor thing couldn't help it. I had a bad experience with mouth ulcers in college and I must say it was the worst pain I've ever been in. (It would be childbirth, but thank you epidural!) So, I can only imagine what Cale feels like. He has about 3 on the inside of his bottom lip and has now began developing some on his tongue. He cries a large part of the day away, and the same goes for the night. The horrible thing about mouth ulcers is, they just have to run their course. (Which, in my case took about 2 weeks, and I'm praying that Cale's do not linger that long). He woke up about 4-5 times last night. I'm dreading what tonight will hold. There's nothing worse than listening to your baby scream, but not being able to make them stop. It's 9:00 and he already woke up about 30 minutes after falling asleep and is actually beginning to scream at the moment. Two times awake by 9:00...this is gonna be one long night.

I hate mouth ulcers!

No comments:

Post a Comment