The Family

The Family

Monday, July 26, 2010

August, please don't come so soon!

I can't believe that it's almost August! To most people the month of August probably doesn't mean much, but to a school teacher this is the most dreaded month of the entire year. The month where your other life begins again. The life that you sort of >forget about for a couple of months every summer. Over. Well, I guess I'm being a little dramatic because we still have a few weeks but it sure feels like the day is near. Don't get me wrong, I do like my job and I somewhat enjoy the structure and necessary routine of a work week. There is actually a small part of me that is excited about going back. But, mainly because for me, I associate the new school year with things like cooler weather, the pumpkin patch, holidays, etc. So, I realize in order to get to all of these things, school must begin.

I've been going up to my classroom on the days that Cale goes to the babysitter. So, I guess that's why I feel like school has pretty much started already. Every year it's the same thing. I get nervous about what my classroom of students will be like, nervous about the first day and all it's craziness, nervous about being a good teacher, just...nervous. I usually have some kind of dream a few nights before school begins. The dream always consists of a teacher's worst case scenario: kids being wild, crazy, loud, out of control, and not listening to a word I say. It scares me everytime and makes me wake up in a panic. But, luckily the first day is never that bad. Thank goodness I'm not a kindergarten teacher!

No comments:

Post a Comment