The Family

The Family

Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Life of a Mom...Far From Glamorous

Today Cale pooped on the counter top in the bathroom. I don't know why. Guess that's what I get for being a germa-phobe growing up. He also won't eat anything healthy. Guess that's what I get for being a terribly picky eater growing up.

I knew Cale was in our bathroom 'peeing', as he announced before he headed in. After just a short time, I went in to check on things...you know, make sure the room wasn't covered in pee, as it sometimes is, and to clean the toilet seat off because it's always covered in pee after Cale has graced it with his presence. I heard the flush, so I knew he was done. But, as I walked in the bathroom, I saw him standing on the top of the counter, the fact that he does this is a whole other issue. Even though the 'standing-on-counter-top' thing made me a bit nervous, I have to say it was the least of my worries. My attention was more focused on the big pile of poo lying right beside his feet and much to close for comfort, at least mine, to a toothbrush. Carl's toothbrush, to be exact. I'm not crazy enough to leave mine out on the counter. Not in this household. Cale looked incredibly guilty when I walked in. I asked him why in the world he pooped on the counter. He was a little speechless, but then tried to cleverly divert my attention by reminding me, in a proud cheerful voice, that he had just peed in the potty. Yes son, but your 'Potty Award' just went down the drain when you followed it up with a nasty 'number two' on the counter. He never really gave me an answer as to why he did it. I guess even he knew, "because I wanted to" wouldn't be the best explanation.

In giving him the benefit of the doubt, sometimes when he gets himself on top of counters...(yes, the 'climbing on counters thing'is a fairly common occurrence and you're probably thinking I'm a terrible mom by now)...he has trouble getting down. So, I'm hoping...going out on a limb really...that maybe the urge hit him once he got on top, and then not really being able to get down very successfully or quickly, he thought..."Oh well, what the heck? Mom can clean it up."

Deep down I know he probably just thought it would be really cool to have a pile of poop on the counter. Glad there wasn't a tractor nearby. We already know what he does with tractors and poop.

No comments:

Post a Comment